POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Turning squares into a smooth isosurface : Re: Turning squares into a smooth isosurface Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:14:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Turning squares into a smooth isosurface
From: ABX
Date: 9 Apr 2003 11:55:18
Message: <tlf89vcm9395bv5tg1oo3npqf4i08pve9n@4ax.com>
On Wed, 09 Apr 2003 11:33:19 -0400, Christopher James Huff
<cja### [at] earthlinknet> wrote:
> Distance is what the word "proximity" means!

http://www.google.com/search?q=%22proximity+means+distance%22
http://www.google.com/search?q=%22proximity+is+distance%22

I'm not english master. Not even advanced amateur. Can you provide me a
reference to definition that proximity is distance? There is no 'distance' in
http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=proximity

> > In further changes (which was
> > never released) of this macro I internally used f_r() function which
> > simply returned distance.
>
> Distance to < 0, 0, 0>.

#declare f_distance=function(x1,x2,y1,y2){f_r(x2-x1,y2-y1,0)};

> This is the proximity function for a single point

As function without context it is. As part of my macro it is far more.

> If you did something like
> one of those, it was a proximity function
> (...)
> But it has nothing to do with proximity.

Hmmm. Two different opinions about the same usage of f_r().

ABX